Injured Operator Care Course (IOCC)
- This program is appropriate for any individual who uses a firearm, works or regularly is present at a firearm range, or is a regular participant or observer of any activity involving a firerarm.
Firearms use, whether Training, Hunting, Target Shooting, Backyard “Plinking,” or even during cleaning & maintenance means a POTENTIAL for an injury. These injuries can be minor cuts and scrapes or the worst case scenario of a Gun Shot Wound (GSW).
YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF YOUR FELLOW FIREARMS ENTHUSIAST OR AN UNINVOLVED BYSTANDER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONCERN DURING FIREARMS USEAGE. AND WHILE THE VAST MAJORITY OF US ARE SAFE USERS OF FIREARMS IT REMAINS A FACT THAT OCCASIONALLY SOMEWHERE, SOMETHING HAPPENS.
Do you know what to do when something goes wrong? Come learn methods to improve your safety and survivability.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Your Plan
- Personal kits and must have items
- Personal Protestion Equipment
- Pertainent anatomy & physiology overview
- Traumatic wound management
- Non-Traumatic "Medical" issues
- Considerations for a "Med Bag"
- Hands on skills practical session