- This is a 6 hour basic Pistol training program designed to teach those with little or no firearms experience the safe fundamentals of effective Pistol use. This is open to anyone who desires a basic firearm course. Students are not required to members of public safety, fire, or EMS agencies.
- To be able to meet the scored Pistol qualification course of fire and have a safe, competent, and comfortable understanding of Pistol shooting.
- This course meets and exceeds the NRA Basic Pistol Certification and all successful students will receive NRA Basic Pistol Certification.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- General safety concerns and function of a pistol.
- Disassembly & cleaning.
- Appropriate ammunition choices
- Loading, reloading, unloading/ making safe.
- Shooting fundamentals.
- Responses to malfunctions.
- Live fire shooting.*
- Scored handgun qualification course of fire at the end of the training.**
- Pre-registration is required.
- Tuition must accompany registration.
- Payment Method: Credit Cards, Money Order, Personal or Cashier's Check and department Purchase Orders.
- This program has limited space due to range standards, student/ instructor ratios and SAFETY!
- * Ammunition requirements: 200 rounds of "Ball" ammunition in the caliber of your pistol. No hand loaded ammunition is allowed on the range.
- There is a scored handgun qualification course of fire at the end of the training.
- ** Students planning to attend Pathfinder Ops classes requiring this (or an equivalent) handgun training course must attain a minimum score of 80% in the qualification session.
- This course or an acceptable equivalent is required for all Pathfinder Operations courses that involve live fire training.
(Click on form name to download pdf version.)
Course Registration Form