EMS Street Survival I
Target audience for this course is emergency medical personnel such as E.M.T.'s, paramedics, or first responders, and fire fighters who have direct responsibility for providing emergency medical care.
- Analysis of occurrences of violent encounters by EMS Responders
- Response to potentially violent incidents/ SOP’s & EMS Crew operations
- Scene Safety/ Size-up/ Assessments techniques & response to
- Crime scene awareness
- Contact with & assessment of potentially violent/ aggressive patient
- Death in Custody awareness
- Scene Survival skills
- Clandestine Labs- (Working Lunch)
- Practical Rotations & Def Tactics Basics (Lecture & Practical Skills)
- The participant will:
- List 4 commonly encountered EMS hazards.
- Demonstrate the appropriate technique for safely approaching a vehicle.
- Demonstrate the appropriate techniques for approaching and entering a residence.
- Demonstrate a survival oriented patient exam procedure and the proper procedure to follow in the event a weapon is discovered.
- Discuss common hazards associated with a clandestine lab.
- Demonstrate proper execution of select pain compliance and self defense techniques.
- Discuss the differences between cover and concealment and list at least 2 examples of each.
(Click on form name to download pdf version.)
Course Registration Form